Today’s corporate environments depend on streamlined user operation as well as enhanced workflow capabilities. And that is exactly what Konica Minolta offers with its i-Options! The “i” stands for essential attributes like innovative, interactive and intelligent.
Our i-Options give you access to clever function enhancements on your multifunctional bizhub office devices. Various i-Options are integrated into the bizhub firmware – simply choose the i-Options best suited to your specific requirements.
Delivering higher level of Workflow Efficiency, Security, and Productivity to office work
We innovate your business, process and way of working
ENHANCED WORKFLOW EFFICIENCY
QUICK ACCESS TO THE INTERNET AND PRINT ANY DOCUMENT FROM WEB BROWSER
Turn your control panel into a Web browser (LK-101)
This i-Option activates a Web browser that provides direct access from the bizhub panel to the Internet, Intranet and Web-based databases. The LK-101 is the basis for any adaptation and customisation of bizhub functionalities related to Konica Minolta’s Internal Web Server and OpenAPI applications.
MAKING PDF FILE SEARCHABLE THAT HELP YOU FIND INFORMATION FASTER
Take advantage of fast document searches (LK-105 OCR Text Recognition)
This i-Option provides full OCR* text recognition for PDFs and highly compressed Compact PDF documents. With it, users save time when searching for specific information within the document. And it enables Copy & Paste, which facilitates reusing text portions in other documents or applications.
- Full OCR* is available for scanning and sending/storing PDF files.
- For best compression, the document is separated into text, graphic and image objects during scanning.
- A readable text layer is added to the PDF, enabling fast searching for single words and easy copying of text into other applications.
CONVERT YOUR HARDCOPY DOCUMENT INTO EDITABLE FORMAT
Benefit from versatile file conversion v (LK-110 Document Converter Pack)
The LK-110 combines the functionality of LK-102 PDF Enhancement and LK-105 OCR with additional advanced features, so users can easily create various file formats and high quality image data.
- Offers the creation of PDF, CPDF, JPEG, TIFF, XPS, CXPS, OOXML file formats
- Direct printing via e-mail, for example from mobile devices
- Easy creation of searchable OOXML files; using OCR* technology, this function automatically creates text information from scanned images.
GREATER SECURITY TO PROTECT SCAN DOCUMENT
PDF protection, storage and optimisation (LK-102 PDF Processing)
Convert documents into highly functional PDFs. When sending scanned documents from the multifunctional additional operations such as encryption of the PDF file, adding properties, using the user’s digital signature or creating PDF/A-compliant files for long term storage can easily be carried out.
- PDF encryption: Prevents confidential data falling into the wrong hands by means of easy-to-select encryption techniques.
- Digital signature: Allows PDF and compact PDF documents to be digitally signed and thus tagged as legitimated and trustworthy; a progress history function makes it possible to trace whether anybody has made changes to a document and check if the signature is still valid.
- Long-term storage: PDF files that comply with the PDF/A international standard (ISO19005) can be created for long-term storage; both PDF/A-1a and PDF/A-1b standard levels are supported.
- PDF meta data: A not encrypted metafile can be added to a PDF so encrypted documents can be traced and found more easily.
- Smooth printing of information from websites and e-mails directly from the bizhub panel
PROTECT YOUR MULTIFUNCTIONAL
PRINTER FROM CYBER ATTACKS
Enhanced data protection with encryption & decryption (bizhub SECURE / bizhub SECURE PLATINUM)
Arm your bizhub device against external attacks with bizhub SECURE / bizhub SECURE PLATINUM: bizhub SECURE / bizhub SECURE PLATINUM is a hardware security chip that safeguards the MFP by storing an encryption key, which protects the device’s hard drive data encryption and digital certificate. As the root key is stored within the bizhub SECURE / bizhub SECURE PLATINUM, it cannot be altered from outside – this assures the validity of the MFP firmware, the device identity, and the hard drive security. Users are able to securely manage confidential information like certificates and MFP passwords, while it is impossible for anyone unauthorised to gain access to stored information.Fortunately, with Konica Minolta bizhub SECURE and bizhub SECURE Platinum, you can be sure that confidential data stored on the internal hard drives of multi-function printing devices are always protected.
PROTECT YOUR DATA FROM VIRUS ATTACKS
Bitdefender® Antivirus provides real time scanning of all incoming/outgoing data (LK-116 Antivirus)
This i-Option activates several MFP security features to ensure a safe operating environment. The LK-116 notifies the user whenever the MFP faces a potential risk from virus-infected files. All incoming and outgoing data like print jobs, scans, faxes or even encrypted pdf box files are scanned for potential malware and viruses. Not only does this ensure a safe operating environment for the user, it also prevents potential risks being spread outside the company through the MFP. In case of any risk, the MFP will report that a virus has been detected and block the infected file.
Both manual and periodic scanning analyse shared files, saved jobs and installed data on the MFP system, including applications, multimedia data or certificates (S/Mime, SSL, etc.) and inform as soon as a potential risk is identified.
- Real time scanning: All input as well as output data are monitored.
- Manual scanning: Virus detection can be started as required.
- Periodic scanning: Scheduled virus scanning according to individual presets.
SUPPORT YOUR PRINTING FOR
A VARIETY OF FONTS
REDUCE BURDEN ON YOUR NETWORK AND EXPERIENCE HIGHEST LEVELS OF PRINTING CONVENIENCE
Speed up print processes (LK-111 ThinPrint® Client)
ThinPrint® supports smooth printing by compressing print jobs by up to 98%. Not only does this high compression rate have a positive impact on the print speed, it also reduces network traffic, thus relieving the entire corporate network.
- The ThinPrint® Output Gateway reduces printer drivers on computers, thus saving time in server installation and administration. It also optimises user operation, as conflicts due to incompatible printer drivers are completely avoided. The advantages are especially obvious in client installations with existing ThinPrint® environments. Thanks to its easy handling and fast integration, the functionality is instantly available.
Added convenience with maintenance-free printing (LK-114 Serverless Pull Printing)
The LK-114 provides enhanced printing convenience allowing to release print jobs on any Konica Minolta MFP in the fleet. Documents and their information stay secure, as printing will only start after the user has authenticated directly at the chosen output device. At the same time, the LK-114 relieves IT administrators from various management and maintenance duties, with the MFP doubling as a print server:
- Print jobs are managed by one central MFP serving as storage device, and can be released on any supported device in the printer fleet
- The overall cost of printing can be reduced: users have the option of deleting or correcting print jobs at the device before starting the printout.
- Secure printing is available for every print job, supporting username + password, ID card as well as finger-vein authentication
- For enhanced user authentication, accounting and reporting, LK-114 can hook up to Konica Minolta’s output management solutions, while keeping print data separate from the print server.
INTERNET FAXING FOR MODERN BUSINESSES
Sending fax over IP based networks (LK-117 FoIP activation)
Today, many telecommunication providers shut down analogue landlines and switch completely to IP based connections. Especially nowadays, it is essential to be able to send faxes over the internet as well. The LK-117 helps to overcome these challenges and enables the function to send faxes over IP (FoIP).
FoIP is a standard for sending fax over IP based networks. Similar to VoIP, a SIP server is managing the connections. But the digital fax data itself is encapsulated in a T.38 data stream which may be transported over UDP or TCP.
This i-Option supports a flawless workflow at customer side and reduces disruptions, as some customers require fax over IP as mandatory feature for their daily work. Once fax over IP is activated, the MFP is capable of sending the fax with different connection methods:
- Direct IP-Fax: Intended to be used in local networks.
- Via SIP Server: Devices in different locations and networks can be reached.
VOICE GUIDANCE THAT PROVIDES VERBAL INSTRUCTIONS TO FACILITATE USE
Support user who have difficulty reading the screen (LK-104 VOICE GUIDANCE)
Provides verbal guidance to end users when they are in the Enlarge Display Screen, Guidance Screen or Accessibility Screen. Voice guidance offers support such as reading out fax numbers, explaining major screens and keys, and key-related operations. It also assists panel operation and prevents mis- operation.