The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 was enforced on 15 November 2013 to regulate the processing of personal data in commercial transactions. The Act, which applies to all companies and firms that are established in Malaysia, requires us to inform you of your rights in respect of your personal data that is being processed or that is to be collected and further processed by us and the purposes for the data processing. The Act also requires us to obtain your consent to the processing of your personal data.
“Personal Data” means information about you, from which you are
identifiable, including but not limited to your name, identification card number, date of birth, passport number, nationality, address, telephone number, fax number, bank details, credit card details, race, gender, marital status, resident status, education background, financial background, personal interests, email address, your occupation, your designation in your company, your company details, the industry in which you work in, any information about you which you have provided to Konica Minolta Business Solutions (M) Sdn Bhd (Company No. 72640-P) (“Company”).
Purpose of Collection of Personal Data
The Personal Data will be collected, processed and used by Company for the following purposes:-
- to communicate with you;
- to provide services to you;
- respond to your inquiries;
- administer your participation in contests;
- conduct internal activities;
- market surveys and trend analysis;
- to provide you with information on products and services of Company and our related corporations;
- to provide you with information on products and services of our business partners;
- other legitimate business activities of Company ;
- such other purposes as set out in our additional terms and conditions.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Your personal data will be kept confidential but such personal data may be transferred to locations outside Malaysia or disclosed to our related corporations, licensees, business partners and/or service providers, who may be located within or outside Malaysia. All parties mentioned above are required to protect the confidentiality of the personal data they receive.
Source of Persona Data
The Personal Data will be collected, processed and used by Company are sourced from wholly legitimate and transparent means such as
- agreements and contracts for sale and purchase of our products and our services;
- official registration forms (either electronic or printed) for new launches or roadshows, showcases, exhibitions or any other promotional events;
- any emails or any correspondences that we have received from you requesting for information or making any inquiries;
- any forms that you have submitted on our website or any websites contracted by Company;
- any referrals from a person which have included their verifiable personal contact details;
- business cards that were dropped or given to Company;
- any documents (including but not limited to statutory forms and returns) that were submitted to Company for processing.
Rights of Access and Correction
In order to process your Personal Data, your consent is required. If you do not consent to the processing of your Personal Data, other than in relation to the advertising or marketing of any product or service of Company or our business partners, we cannot process your Personal Data for any of the above Purposes and we will not be able to process your request for use of our Website and/or Services.
In relation to direct marketing, you may request Company by written notice (in accordance with the following paragraph) not to process your Personal Data for any of the following Purposes:
- advertising or marketing via phone any product or service of Company or our business partners,
- sending to you via post any advertising or marketing material relating to any product or service of Company or our business partners;
- sending to you via email, fax or SMS/ MMS/ other phone no. based messaging on any advertising or marketing material relating to any product or service of Company or our business partners, or
- communicating to you by whatever means any advertising or marketing material of Company or our business partners.
You may at any time hereafter make inquiries, complaints and request for access to, or correction of, your Personal Data or limit the processing of your Personal Data by submitting such request to the Company via registered post or email as set out below.
Konica Minolta Business Solutions (M) Sdn Bhd
Infinite Centre, Lot 1, Jalan 13/6,
46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
Email address: email@example.com
You have right to withdraw from receiving of marketing related information on products, services, benefits, promotions and rewards via any of the following method(s). Please allow 7 working days for your request to be processed. Kindly download the Withdrawal Form, complete it and mail the form back to us.